Are you a hands-on creative problem solver with strong bilingual communication skills who takes pride in their work and loves wearing many hats? Are you looking for a position that has great potential for growth? Great opportunity for the right candidate!
Located in a suburb of Portland, OR, we have been a supplier of fresh and frozen berries to the U.S. for over 70 years and an exporter of berries into Japan and other parts of Asia for over 30 years. We promote work in a safe, respectful, ethical environment and are looking for long-term team players to grow with us. Great Benefits: Health/Dental Insurance and generous PTO plan. Generous flextime is offered from October through March each year.
If you are a team player who is willing to work intensely June through September each year, have a positive “can-do” attitude, AND are ready to contribute to our company goal of being the berry industry leader by focusing on quality, delivering on superior products with excellent customer satisfaction, and setting the standards with integrity, honesty, and reliability, WE WANT TO TALK WITH YOU!
Apply now to be part of our team!
FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Manage Irrigation, Crop Application, and Equipment
- Manage crews, including a team of Chemical Sprayers.
- Work the harvest.
- Coordinate all irrigation scheduling with Farm Manager
- Track fertigation chemical usage and inventory
Crop Protection and Nutrient Application/Pesticides
- Maintain crop protection and nutrient application database
- Post and maintain all application records
- Coordinate all crop protection applications with Farm Manager
- Maintain crop protection inventory levels
Equipment and Vehicles
- Operate farm equipment as needed
- Ensure proper maintenance of all equipment and vehicles
- Maintain inventory and coordinate pickup/delivery of shop parts
- Train employees in proper equipment use and maintenance
- Enforce and follow company rules and policies in safety, food safety, pesticide safety, and good agriculture practices.
- Enforce and follow OSHA Worker Protection Standard and other state and federal worker health and safety regulations.
- Communicate effectively with bi-lingual staff.
- Attend annual industry workshops and conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree, with Agricultural focus, or equivalent experience.
- Chemical Spray and Irrigation exposure/experience. Competent understanding of practical use of chemicals highly desired.
- Must be willing to work long hours June through September each year with generous flextime October through May. Extensive hours in July and August.
- Mechanical maintenance aptitude.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to have basic conversations, understand, and communicate in Spanish a must. “Spanglish” speaking at a minimum.
- Strong Computer Skills – Good knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge/exposure to Agworld (Chemical/financial program) and Netafim (Irrigation system) a plus.
- Willing to obtain and maintain Oregon Department of Ag Private Pesticide Applicator License.
- Experience working on a farm or internship on a farm a plus.
- Experience/exposure in the Fruit industry, Nut industry, or Perishables industry a plus.
- Experience/exposure in family-owned and/or small business climate.
- Professional, dependable, principled, and honest with a strong and diligent work ethic.
- Collaborative team player willing to learn and go “above and beyond.”
- Physical Requirements include working outdoors year-round, enduring diverse weather conditions, ability to lift 60 pounds regularly, and walking/working on rough terrain.
- Must pass background and reference check.
$50K-$65K Annual Salary first year, DOE. Potential for annual bonus.
All candidates must provide resume, cover letter, and references.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws. We maintain a drug-free workplace that complies with federal law.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.