This is an opportunity to take your career in Human Resource Management to the next level!
Are you considered an organized, self-starter and an analytical problem solver? Are you an expert in California employment laws, rules, regulations, and best practices? Does your expertise come from a strong background in agriculture? If your answer is Yes, Yes and Yes, then you are someone we should be connecting with!
Our client is a growing and dynamic provider of agricultural labor and custom harvesting solutions in the Salinas and Yuma Valleys. Due to growth, they are looking for an experienced Senior Human Resources Manager to join their team. This person will compliment the HR Director in guiding and developing the employee lifecycle, company strategies, policy and procedure while creating people-friendly guidelines and support.
The ideal candidate will be an effective leader and efficient multi-tasker. We are looking for someone who is passionate about people development as this role will focus on supporting and training managers and team members. In order to sustain their growth, this person will have vision and creativity while taking the lead in fluid environments.
This is an excellent opportunity to work under a wonderful HR Director who is looking for a true partner. The company has much to offer a high performer. They have employees who spend their entire careers with them. They care about their people and want to hire the very best. They offer room for growth and a competitive compensation plan that includes excellent health, dental and vision benefits.
- Partner with the Human Resource Director to execute the Company’s human resources strategies.
- Manage recruitment, onboarding, benefits, talent management, compensation, performance management, employee relations and workers compensation.
- Collaborate with Management to recruit, train, develop, evaluate, and reward team members in managerial, exempt, temporary and professional roles.
- Recommend and create standard operating procedures to cross train, create efficiencies, ensure compliance, and checks and balances in HR functions.
- Review and develop training and tools (mandatory and non-mandatory) to ensure compliance and best practices for continuous growth and development.
- Maintain knowledge and compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations; review policies and best practices.
- Provide guidance regarding authorized and entitlement leaves and workplace accommodations.
- Ensure accuracy of document compliance; onboarding, training, leaves, layoff, and separation of employment.
- Utilize the HRMS functionality and provide recommendations to ensure best practices, employee memorandums and separation notices.
- Facilitate employee disciplinary meetings, investigations, and separations of employment.
- At least 5 years of human resource management experience in agriculture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish with the ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to travel to other Company locations(AZ) as needed.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Environmental Health and Safety and H-2A Program, a PLUS.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.