Are you an experienced leader and expert in Food Safety and Quality Assurance? Do you enjoy teaching and developing teams? Then do not pass up this opportunity!
Our company shares over 100 years of experience and passion for the agriculture industry. This experience led to the creation of our company and has allowed us to grow and prove ourselves year after year. We are committed to providing the quality and attention each customer needs. We believe in using environmentally sustainable practices to provide superior service and premium products. We pride ourselves in being a leader in product quality using extensive controls in all levels of production, raw product harvesting, processing, and packaging.
As we continue to develop our business and promote from within, we are in search of a highly motivated, enthusiastic SFQA leader to join our team, taking our successful program to the next level. This position is fundamental in providing leadership, industry knowledge and direction for a diverse employee group in our processing/packaging plant.
We are looking for an individual who will work hard to provide the foodservice industry with quality, safe, fresh produce. This position requires on-site representation and support in both Salinas and Yuma locations but does not require a full-time seasonal relocation. You can live in Salinas or Yuma and travel to the other location as needed.
- Lead the FSQA team, ensuring all work activities of direct and indirect reports are performed with attention to the highest standards of food quality, safe processes, compliance with all appropriate legal requirements and a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Oversee monitoring, verification, and validation activities to ensure that all products leaving the facility meet the facility Food Safety and Quality Plans.
- Manage finished product evaluation system and provide leadership to drive improvements in key customer/consumer Quality attributes.
- Maintain all registries as required by LGMA and GFSI.
- Provide guidance and leadership in situations where deviations have occurred or a potential risk has been identified related to food safety and/or quality attributes.
- Reassess Food Safety plan(s) whenever there is a change to program, process, procedure, specification, equipment, industry philosophy, technology, etc.
- Direct interface and management of the sanitation department ensuring proper pre- operational procedures and environmental testing as required.
- Develop and maintain systems to assure facility meets all food safety and quality system requirements including document control and records, equipment and environment specifications, maintaining food safety, verification, product identification, trace and recall, incident management, and food safety fundamentals.
- Lead activities related to quality assurance and food safety processes. This includes but is not limited to HACCP system, regulatory audits, quality systems review process (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), incoming Raw material inspections, product scoring, Food Safety and GMP audits, Pest Control programs, customer and consumer complaint resolution, standardized work instructions.
- Manage coordination and cooperation with on-site audits performed by FDA, Silliker, or other regulatory agencies or approved inspectors.
- Monitor and maintain procedures and documentation for product recall and tracking.
- Perform and monitor quality control testing for raw materials, packaging materials, and/or finished product quality at the plant level.
- Monitor quality audit program for the production facility to ensure company and regulatory standards of product quality, sanitation, and process controls are met.
- Interact with and respond to customers regarding compliance issues, specifications, and quality issues.
- 8+ years of work experience in production operations roles with 4+ years managing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, Microbiology, or related discipline preferred.
- Supply Chain certification a plus
- Increasingly responsible experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control. Previous experience in a QA/QC Management role preferred.
- Excellent team building skills to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives with focus on results oriented leadership.
- Proven record of successful management of production scheduling, general knowledge of HACCP, GMP, Sanitation, and quality and food safety programs required.
- Understanding of plant operations and packaging environment.
- Ability to provide training, coaching, and feedback to provide sustainable productivity and quality from the plant.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Direct experience in the produce industry highly preferred.
- Ability to communicate and liaise effectively with diplomacy and tact to all levels of personnel at plant.
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.