Under supervision of Maintenance Supervisor, generally responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems, and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills, and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The duties listed below represent the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them if the work is related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Responsible for plant technical operations, specifically production line maintenance, processing equipment maintenance and utility equipment maintenance.
- Performing highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Assist with leading/performing the preventative maintenance process, defining processes, driving improvements, and achieving KPI targets.
- Understand and adhere to internal and external regulations, procedures & policies.
- Maintain cleanliness to GMP standards and ensure all safety standards are met.
- Effectively communicate safety, quality, technical and training issues to team.
- Review daily maintenance effectiveness to identify opportunities for improvement and work with the Operations team to get resolution.
- Providing emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performing scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Diagnosing problems, replacing or repairing parts, testing and making adjustments.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Using a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
- Service, maintenance, and repair production machines.
- Working knowledge of production line maintenance, processing equipment maintenance and utility equipment maintenance.
- Operation of tools and specialized equipment for maintenance and repair.
- Use and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards.
- Understanding of production processes & technical troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance programs with a grasp of financial factors in maintenance.
- Time management, delegation, and organization skills with strong problem-solving ability.
- Ability to grow relationships with business partners and to lead, coach and develop employees
- Communicate clearly and concisely and accurately relaying details.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and interacting with the public.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and use good judgement in prioritizing work assignments.
- Effectively communicate verbal and written instructions by phone, radio system or in person in a group or one-to-one setting.
- Think and act quickly and effectively in emergencies, and under stressful situations.
- Ability to work under a cold environment (between 34-40°F)
- Four or more years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and industrial skills with PLC experience with at least two or more years of experience in a leadership capacity.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- A valid driver license is required at the time of appointment and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with on call coverage.
- Bilingual; English and Spanish desired.
- Seasonal relocation required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl; and perform repetitive movements of hands or wrists. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 75 pounds unaided. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this class, an employee uses written and oral communication skills; reads and interprets data, information, and documents; analyzes and solves problems; uses math and mathematical reasoning; performs highly detailed work; deals with multiple concurrent tasks; and interacts with others encountered in the course of work, including frequent contact with customers and/or the public and dissatisfied/abusive individuals.
The employee works in a repair environment subject to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, on some instances this job may require work in areas where ear protection is necessary.
OTHER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
May require after hours work including evenings, weekend, and holidays.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.