Delina Fresh is a family-owned and operated produce company based in South Florida since 1998. We specialize in Tropical Fruit, Specialty Peppers, and Hispanic Roots. Our commitment to quality and Food Safety guarantees the finest selection of products for your customers.
We are seeking an experienced produce Procurement professional and produce experience is must!
- Purchase goods or services that meet the quantity and quality expectations of the organization. This position calls for meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts with vendors.
- Track inventory and restock goods when needed.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and new products.
- Compare available goods with industry trends to determine appropriate pricing.
- Collaboratively, with cross-functional teams, support local and national growing territory efforts including but not limited to Profit Growth Management, Demand Planning, Commercial Marketing.
- Full responsibility for a portfolio of existing products for accounts.
- Negotiate contracts for new business and re-negotiate contracts for existing business.
- Oversee quality performance of assigned products while creating and executing brand-specific programs that achieve targeted objectives.
- Execute forecasting process for assigned products to ensure accurate forecasting of KPIs (Volume, Revenue…etc.).
- Weekly review of metrics to determine success levels of promotions and making necessary changes to product volume.
- Work with the transportation team to oversee all end-to-end processes of scheduling, pick-up, and delivery of products.
- Ability to cross-train full product line offered.
- Follows up with suppliers concerning order status and delivery. Communicates delivery information to related departments as needed.
- Control spoilage and shrink, achieve turn goals, participate in inventory tasks.
- This position requires three to five years of experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Advanced knowledge of perishable products and produce production.
- Technology competence, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, SharePoint.
- Knowledge of Produce Pro is a Plus.
- Produce product knowledge, including production, distribution, seasonal availability, advances, and trends.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Skill and ability to manage business relationships with suppliers and brokers.
- Skill and ability to negotiate contracts.
- Skill and ability to effectively organize/prioritize work and manage time in order to meet deadlines.
- Skill and ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Skill and ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Procurement: 3 years (Required).
- From $60,000.00 per year DOE
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday, Weekend availability.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.