Delta Packing was started in 1976 and has established long term relationships with over 70 growers located primarily in the AVA regions of Lodi, Amador, Paso Robles, and Napa. We are a major grower, packer, and shipper of California cherries in the Spring and wine grapes and grape juice in the Fall.
We are looking for a Food Safety Technician who is ready to work in a fast-moving and dynamic environment and join our team in Lodi, CA.
- Develop and maintain up to date Food Safety procedures and programs.
- Assure compliance to FSMA, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
- Coordinate, implement and maintain the GFSI Food Safety Standard for USDA & FDA distribution of food products.
- Assist in product risk assessment and risk management plan.
- Organize factory production readiness from a food safety perspective.
- Drive continuous improvement in sanitation, food safety, quality, and preventative maintenance.
- Enforce production suspension to ensure food safety and quality continuity.
- Develop and implement site specific programs, documentation, and record keeping.
- Participate in 3rd party audit preparation and supplier audits as necessary.
- Ensure environmental requirements are maintained in all areas of the facility under scope.
- Perform and maintain PCR testing and protocols.
- Ensure complete data collection and trending on relevant programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, biological sciences, agricultural fields, veterinary sciences highly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with a food safety program preferred.
- Knowledge of FSMA, GFSI, USDA grades and standards.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize required.
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire and ability to work as part of a collaborative and focused team.
- Proficient in Windows-based computer applications and computer research skills
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.