DNO began in 1989 as a small co-op based in Columbus, OH. Since then, DNO Produce Inc. has grown to become a leading produce distributor and processor for the Midwest, providing fresh, healthy, and easy solutions for its partners in food service, food manufacturing, school service, government, and retail industries.
From cold storage capabilities to fresh-cut packs, DNO provides quality, custom solutions with every order. DNO’s team is made up of a cornucopia of industry professionals with expertise in agriculture, warehousing, food safety, food science, and transportation.
DNO has spent the last thirty years mastering the art and science of fresh produce, and we look forward to sharing it with you.
We are now seeking an exceptional candidate to expand their sales team.
If you’re passionate about produce and have what we’re looking for, we offer a competitive compensation plan, and a great, supportive place to work.
- 2 - 3 years’ industry experience (fresh food preferred, but not required)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to make sound decisions and solve problems in a confident, decisive manner
- Self-starter with the passion and determination to work hard and meet or exceed goals
- Assertive problem solver who looks beyond the standard solutions to overcome challenges
- Ability to work well with a team and with a variety of personalities and individuals
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, goal driven, and truly passionate salesperson who enjoys working with produce and the entire sales process from start to finish. They will have the ability to analyze complex and changing market factors, evaluate alternative sales practices, and recommend/implement an effective course of action.
The successful candidate will provide a high level of sales, service, and product knowledge to our customers. They will also help to expand our fresh produce sales by identifying new sales opportunities within existing accounts, as well as maximizing gross margins. They will work with our sales team in developing a successful sales and marketing plan and to help oversee its implementation.