At Douglas Fruit, we package conventional apples year-round, starting in August and ending in July. In the summer months, from June through September, we pack stone fruit including apricots, peaches, and nectarines. Most of our fruit varieties are available in both organic and conventional.
We currently have an opportunity for a Packed Fruit Quality Control Manager to join our team in Pasco, WA.
The Packed Fruit Quality Control Manager is responsible for overseeing the quality of packed fruit with the goal of reducing rejections for all packed fruit. They are responsible for achieving operational objectives by contributing information and analysis of packed fruit, preparing and completing actions plans, identifying and resolving problems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the interviewing, hiring and training of new staff, overseeing the daily workflow, provide constructive and timely performance evaluations, and handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy. They will oversee all quality control and shipping functions with the goal of assuring consistent quality of packed fruit by monitoring and enforcing good automated manufacturing practice systems (GAMP), validating processes and providing documentation.
The successful candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years QA experience in the food industry
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Occasional travel required
If this sounds like you, then let’s talk.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, 401K with generous employer match, paid time off, paid holidays, and yearly profit share.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.