Over the past 15 years Greg Willems has traveled the globe searching for the right varieties that could perform in his micro-climate in Kingsburg, CA. After years of research and testing, he is confident that the berries he produces are the best berry-genetics that are offered on the market. Farm to Table Berries efforts are concentrated on giving the consumer the best and sweetest eating experience, which results in repeat business.
We have an immediate opening for a Bookkeeper (AR & AP Specialist) to join us in Reedley, CA.
First and foremost, Grower Accounting is dedicated to providing accurate and timely information and payments to growers. To ensure that the growers receive their pack-out reports, production run videos, estimates, closings, and any other information they require as quickly as they are available, the Grower Accountant will employ a number of available tools. With accuracy as the top priority, you will work layers of checks and rechecks to guarantee that a growers' needs are met.
- Responsible for some accounting activities related to the general ledger, receivables, payables, general ledger and financial reporting, ensuring that records are maintained properly by verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling transactions while resolving any discrepancies.
- Assist in month-end closing activities.
- Contribute to developing processes to streamline timely reporting of accounting information.
- Ongoing review of inventory balances.
- Support budgeting process including review of budgets as submitted, preparation of supporting schedules to assist the team with budget preparation.
- Maintain all files necessary for financial reporting and ensure all accounting reconciliations, and reports are completed as required.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- BA in Accounting or Business.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an accounting role.
- Knowledge and experience with agriculture and grower accounting is a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required.
- Datatech software system experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and 10-key experience.
- Strong ability to analyze and think strategically.
- Must have thorough knowledge of financial reporting.
- Understanding of GAAP.
- Must be detailed-oriented and deadline sensitive.