Foothill Packing is a well established Company with operations in Brawley, Coachella, Salinas Valley, and Santa Rosa, California, and Yuma, Arizona. We pride ourselves with providing agricultural labor, custom harvesting, and operational support to our customers with an emphasis of enhancing value to our farmers’ all while maintaining safety, quality, and innovation in mind. Our team is incredibly dedicated, pioneering, abides by integrity and is our number one asset.
We have a tremendous opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist to join our team in Yuma, AZ.
The Human Resources Generalist will work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity, retention, and employee engagement. They will conduct employment investigations to resolve employment relations issues, coordinate training and development programs, ensure proper compliance with on boarding and off-boarding of employees, and ensure filing compliance of all personnel records as mandated by local , state, and federal laws.
The person we’re looking for has:
- At minimum, an Associate Degree in Human Resources, or a related field, required.
- At least 3 years of human resources experience in the agriculture industry preferred, that would provide the level of knowledge and ability required for the position.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and a professional manner with all Company employees, including general labor, administrative, supervisory and management employees and external stakeholders.
- Must be bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide; apply concepts of basic algebra; and interpret graphs, charts, and tables.
- AnchorStrong verbal and written communication skills.AnchorAnchor
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.AnchorAnchor
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.Anchor
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.Anchor
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Human Resources best practices, employment law and regulations.
- Proven collaboration with Company stakeholders and external stakeholders.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the Company’s HRMS and record retention applications.
If this describes you, then we want to talk!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.