Gaetan Bono is a leading produce distributor with over 38 years of experience in the Montreal Terminal Market and the Canadian Market. Their team of buyers’ sources both conventional and organic fruits and vegetables from around the world to serve a diverse range of customers, including retail, food service, and wholesale clients.
Bono's success can be attributed in part to their robust relationships with suppliers and customers. The company regards its partners as an indispensable part of its extended family, and recognizes that their mutual collaboration is instrumental in driving growth and maximizing logistical efficiencies.
At the helm of Bono is a seasoned and well-connected leadership team that has forged enduring partnerships with top-tier growers worldwide. This enables Bono to provide a reliable and consistent supply of high-quality products to its North American customers throughout the year. The company's culture is deeply rooted in the concept of family, and is built around a harmonious blend of teamwork, individual contributions, and collaborative synergy. This successful family business is seeking to expand their team and uphold their legacy of growth, innovation, and excellence. With the addition of new facilities, dynamic leadership, and a diverse range of products and opportunities, the company is poised for continued success in the market.
In the position of Senior Sales Account Manager, you will assume a critical responsibility in advancing revenue growth from the established major retail, wholesale, and food service customers across Canada. Leveraging your expertise, industry acumen, and established networks, you will endeavor to cultivate and nurture meaningful and productive affiliations, and build sustainable program business with significant retail accounts, including but not limited to Sobeys, Loblaws, Metro, and Sysco. You will also monitor market dynamics and analyze competitor intelligence, evaluate the potential of the market, and identify new prospects for business growth. Naturally, Bono has a strong focus on attaining results and a favorable return on investment, and the expectations for this role are commensurate with those of a high-achieving professional.
The successful Senior Sales Account Manager will report into company headquarters in Montreal Canada and have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, the candidate should have robust commercial and financial awareness, exceptional computer skills, and be at ease with traveling for face-to-face interactions with customers and partners to foster vital relationships. The candidate's past achievements in establishing commitment of business and program sales with significant retail accounts across Canada will be a valuable asset in this role.
- Develop and maintain deep and effective relationships with major retail accounts throughout Canada
- Track market trends and competitor information
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure client satisfaction
- Assess market potential and identify new business opportunities
- Research data and use intuition and experience to provide knowledge-based solutions to customers
- Leverage customer knowledge to identify business opportunities
- Monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify opportunities, issues, and risks and recommend tactical strategies
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop key relationships
- At least 3-5 years of successful experience selling fresh produce and developing short and long-term business solutions with major retail chains and wholesale customers
- Extensive retail key-account business development and account management experience, working directly with retailers and wholesalers such as Loblaws, Sobeys, Metro, and Sysco
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative problem solver who can find customers’ pain points and develops solutions that lead to program business
- Proven track record of strong sales, customer relations, meeting quotas, and closing deals
- Belief in company story and mission as well as belief in oneself
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong commercial and financial awareness
- Excellent computer skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Initiative to undertake self-development activities and seek increased responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated with the ability to work effectively in a remote/home office environment
- Aptitude to work within a collaborative environment utilizing technology tools such as Teams
Gaetan Bono holds their extended family of suppliers and customers in high regard, and remains steadfast in their commitment to delivering unparalleled customer service and ensuring utmost client satisfaction. If you share these values and resonate with the company story and mission, possess a fervent passion for sales, and aspire to contribute to our perpetual growth and success, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.