The Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) supervisor supports the food safety and quality assurance programs by successfully completing administrative and testing tasks in the office, laboratory and plant locations. The FSQA supervisor is responsible for the coordination of safety and quality checks prior, during and after production. Key responsibilities include coordination of QC technician schedules, training and sample testing.
Essential Duties for all Employees:
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment that promotes work safety and product integrity.
- Must follow all Safety, HACCP & GMP requirements at all times.
- Adaptable to a fast paced environment.
- Willing to be flexible to accommodate changing business conditions.
- Ensure cleanliness around facility, freezer and production area.
Job Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise, schedule and direct FSQA technicians who are responsible for monitoring Good Manufacturing Practices and other quality-related policies in order to meet product quality standards.
- Verify that current documents are in use; organize forms for QC technicians.
- May be asked to lead tailgate trainings related to continuous improvement, and/or nonconformance/corrective action events
- Participate in annual employee training(s.)
- Review production test plans, monitoring forms and other manufacturing-related documents to verify compliance and record-keeping for all mandated manufacturing processes, quality checks, testing and sampling.
- Manage storage of retain samples at onsite and offsite warehouses.
- Coordinate environmental sampling (scheduled, unscheduled and vector sampling.)
- Schedule laboratory sample transportation.
- May participate in cross-functional team activities such as HACCP, internal auditing and food safety management plan teams.
- Maintain laboratory equipment; schedule preventative maintenance checks and calibrations.
- Track inventory, order QA laboratory supplies and spending for QA laboratory supplies.
- Responsible for verifying no lab chemicals or test kits in use are beyond shelf-life dates.
- Frequent inspections of laboratory and plant areas to verify GMP compliance.
- Participate in regulatory, third party and customer audits and inspections, as well as corrective action responses.
- Spend approximately 50% of time in plant supervising technicians and responding to issues.
- Technical competence with food safety and quality assurance tests and checks.
- High school, or related job experience preferred.
- Attention to detail for record-keeping, scheduling.
- Some agricultural, food processing experience preferred.
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing process and equipment.
- Ability to follow and give directions.
- Spanish/English language.
- Seeing Regularly 67 - 100%
- Hearing Regularly 67 - 100%
- Standing/Walking Frequently 34 - 66 %
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling Occasionally 12 - 33%
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing Occasionally 12 - 33%
- Grasping/Feeling Regularly 67 - 100%
- Sitting Frequently 34 - 66 %
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
George Chiala Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.