Giddings Berries USA is the Monterey, CA based subsidiary of Giddings Fruit, a leading global supplier of conventional and organic berries, cherries and more now servicing the United States. They are vertically integrated, with an extensive breeding program, along with growing and packing operations ranging throughout North and South America. Founded in 1985 in Santiago, Chile, the brand is driven by the heart, soul, and vision of the Giddings group.
Giddings Fruit is passionate about enabling farmers to grow and sell the most delicious fruit to be enjoyed by consumers worldwide.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Finance and Administrative Manager to join our team in beautiful Monterey, CA.
The Finance and Administrative Manager will be a hands-on experienced professional that undertakes all aspects of accounting functions. Ensure all company accounting procedures follow GAAP. Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data to enhance the company’s value. Manage daily office duties by creating a professional and cordial company office atmosphere.
The successful candidate will have:
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance preferred; AA degree in accounting with relative work experience will strongly be considered
- 3-5 years of experience as a full charge bookkeeper
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to handle a diverse range of tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Energetic, flexible, independent, thriving, in fast growing business environment
- Spanish a plus, AG industry experience a plus
We have a team-oriented culture with an emphasis on proactive input and learning together. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401k plan.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.