The Giumarra Companies is a leading international network of fresh produce growers, distributors, and marketers that encompasses a world of freshness. Since its inception in 1922, the Giumarra group of companies has taken pride in a longstanding commitment and tradition of quality, service, and industry leadership to feed the world in a healthy way.
Our Nature's Partner brand represents the core of what we do: a partnership with our people, customers, growers, and the land and its fruits. Products packed under the Nature's Partner label represent some of the highest-quality fruits and vegetables in the marketplace, having met strict standards for food safety, quality control, and flavor. For more information, please visit: www.giumarra.com and www.naturespartner.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated Accounting Administrative Assistant to join our team. The ideal applicant is detail oriented with demonstrated experience in Accounts Payable & Receivables, and other clerical functions. Additional qualifications required include excellent listening skills, strong analytical skills, and a self-solve attitude. The position will be based in our Long Beach, California office. This is an entry/mid-level, full time position with long-term growth potential for a motivated candidate. Hours will be Monday – Friday 9am to 6pm, or 10am to 7pm during peak season, and off season 8am to 5pm. Saturday work is required and will vary depending on departments needs.
Compensation is hourly (between $15.00 - $17.00 per hour DOE.), with optional medical, dental, vision, life & LTD, and 401k benefits, paid vacation/sick time.
Please submit a resume to HR@Giumarra.com, title subject “Accounting Administrative Assistant”.
- Invoicing and collection/customer service calls.
- A/P invoice matching for approval.
- Data entry.
- Will be cross trained in other accounting/administrative functions as required.
- Answering and transferring calls.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds when necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Minimum associate degree, accounting certification, or 2+ years of equivalent experience is required.
- Bilingual Spanish and English a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet applications (MS Excel) is required.
- A self-starter: ensure delegated tasks are completed with minimal supervisor follow up. Proactively communicate task and project updates to supervisor.
- Coordinate workflow effectively, efficiently, and neatly with a high level of attention to detail as well as superior organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills are an integral component in carrying out required duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
- A commitment to our brand promise of excellent service to customers, growers, and fellow employees.