Job Title: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Company Name: Gold Coast Packing, Inc.
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Position Type: Full time
Reports to: COO
Gold Coast Packing is a vertically-integrated company that was founded in 1978 by two longtime friends Ron Burk & Bob Espinola. In the Santa Maria Valley, nestled on the beautiful central coast, is where we grow, process and pack an assortment of value-added vegetables all year round. In addition to growing our own produce, we partner with other growing operations to source product for our state-of-the-art, value-added processing plant. Gold Coast has over 40 years of farming, innovation, & value-added sales experience & we pride ourselves on our ability to create strong partnerships & provide customers with safe, healthy, & convenient produce. To learn more about our business, please visit https://goldcoastpack.com
The VP of Sales and Marketing is responsible for managing all brands, distribution channels, and deployment of sales for the organization. The VP is also responsible for developing the strategic sales plan, along with the sales staff and upper management, based on company goals that will promote sales growth, competitive differentiation, and customer satisfaction for the organization. Specific responsibilities include business and market development, customer management, management of market research, strategic direction for promotion and advertising, sales growth and customer satisfaction. The VP will also work with the Director of Sales to oversee the sales and marketing team members’ daily activity and development.
- Extensive knowledge of how to maximize various industry specific sales channels to achieve sales plan
- Knowledge of product life cycle, contracting, pricing, negotiating and structuring/attaining sales goals; how to optimize marketing campaigns
- Strong motivational, innovative, and interpersonal skills
- Customer Service Management
- Understand competitive strengths, weaknesses, and win-loss analysis
- Domestic travel up to 50%
Roles and Responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with in-depth industry experience and a true passion for the Agriculture industry. You must have exceptional project management skills, record of building high performance teams and outstanding relationships with internal and external customers. A strong work ethic with proactive communication skills that encourages open conversations are a must.
- Responsible for increasing top line revenue, sales profitability, developing new accounts/customers
- Lead all domestic, sales and marketing activities, which may include customer service
- Develop and implement a cohesive marketing strategy and goals to increase brand/product awareness and reputation
- Direct and oversee the company marketing function to identify and develop new customers.
- Gather, analyze and prioritize new customer requirements and manage resources to drive business
- Ownership of product strategy, product road maps, market requirements documents, and lifecycle management
- Monitor measure and report on sales and marketing plan results against stated goals.
- Drive successful new product launches and sales interactions
- Provides leadership to the day-to-day operations of the sales department, while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals
- Ensure effective training and provide sales training tools for the sales team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field preferred.
- 10-15 years’ experience in managing both sales and marketing functions; produce, food or agriculture industry experience
- Must have direct retail grocery market segment relationships and sales success
- Proven success leading and developing high performance teams
Must be willing to re-locate to Santa Maria, CA. Re-location expences included.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.