We are full line distributors of the finest produce. From apples to cabbage. Grapes to peppers. We pride ourselves in being a family operation and maintaining the values of our founders.
We are certified to the guidelines of the Global Food Safety Initiative and our entire food safety program is audited yearly by the 3rd Party Auditing Firm Primus Labs. These policies include, but are not limited to: A HACCP plan, Traceability and Recall Plan, Sanitation Procedures, Employee Hygiene Procedure, Facility Security System, and a Contracted Pest Control System. We continually update this program to stay current or ahead of industry guidelines in the ever-evolving world of Food Safety.
We now have an immediate opening for a Quality Control/Food Safety Supervisor in our Los Angeles, CA area facility.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing day to day functions and maintaining our Food Safety and Quality Control Programs. This position will also be responsible for implementing overall Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), policies, guidelines and documentation for all Food Safety and Quality Control functions.
- At least 2 years prior experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (i.e. written and verbal).
- Ability to successfully train diverse groups in food safety and quality standards.
- Preferred Bi-Lingual: English/Spanish.
- Team player.
- Some travel.
- Occasional driving, requiring up-to-date car insurance.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Flexible schedule.
- Fork Lift and Electric Pallet Jack certification preferred.
- Ability to work in a cold environment.
- Oversee implementation of all aspects of Quality Control and Food Safety programs.
- Consistently review all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Quality Control (QC) and Food Safety policies to continuously drive process improvements and efficiencies.
- Develop and implement written SOPs/policies/guidelines and maintain all required documentation to ensure 3rd-party certifications.
- Conduct routine facility audits.
- Maintain all documents for our HACCP Program.
- Develop and maintain product specifications.
- Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality.
- Conduct product inspections (inbound and on-hand inventories) and generate timely and accurate QC reports to management and sales teams.
- Develop and perform training programs related to QC, Food Safety and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to document USDA and customer specifications to grade product for quality and condition for all produce commodities.
- Complete daily quality inspections and reports (dump, damage, condition, donation etc.).
- Ensure compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures pertaining to receiving, inspection, storage and handling, and shipping of perishable goods.
- Ensure compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures/Documentation/Record Keeping/Inspections /Audits pertaining to Food Safety Compliance.
- Maintain cleanliness and food safe operation(s). Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years’ experience with food safety programs required.
- Formal HACCP training/certification required.
- 2 years in fresh produce Quality Control required.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of organic handling and certifications a plus.