JOB TITLE: ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY COORDINATOR JOB
LOCATION: THERMAL CA.
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY
To serve as the area specialist in Environmental, Health and Safety matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the above areas a plus.
- Job experience (safety) may be considered in lieu of educational criteria.
- Five years of EHS experience in Agricultural Farming, Food processing or related field preferred.
- Knowledgeable in Environmental Health and Safety Compliance laws, procedures and regulations.
- Basic knowledge in PSM, Cal-ARP, and RMP and DPR programs.
- Training certificates in the following subjects, First Aid/CPR, Pesticide applicator/QAL.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Travel on a regular basis required; approximately 50% of the time.
- Candidate will be required to live in/around the Coachella Valley area or within commuting distance.
- Must be bi-lingual, English/Spanish, with the ability to speak, read, and write in both.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record.
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical and functional capacity evaluation. Must pass background check.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist management with Cal/OSHA regulations and standards, including guidance on handling Cal/OSHA, PSM, Cal ARP, RMP, CUPA, DOT and EPA compliance and inspections.
- Investigate injuries and interview staff.
- Notify management of pertinent findings.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and practices and implement hazard control practices and programs.
- Assist with communication of hazard control information and evaluate effectiveness.
- Guide and assist facility and field operations staff at all locations with environmental, health and safety issues.
- Plan and direct safety and industrial hygiene services to obtain optimum service.
- Collaborate with trade and professional organizations to promote goals and objectives for health and safety.
- Keep informed of developments of federal and state regulations.
- Conduct training, inspections and audits.
- Basic PSM and Regulatory compliance duties.
- Must have the ability to travel as required to various facilities areas which include, Imperial Valley, Winter Haven, Holtville, El Centro and Coachella.
Ability to frequently move about inside the office, in food processing facilities, and in the farming fields. Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity equipment. Ability to work outdoors. Ability to visually inspect equipment and material. Must be able to work in different temperatures (working temperatures as hot as 100° to 110° F and as cold as 20° F to 32° F). Must be able to move items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.