To manage Planting Shop employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the day to day operation of the Planting Shop Division.
- Ensure all fabrication, repairs and maintenance are done properly, completely, and in a timely manner.
- Assist personnel involved in fabrication, repairs and maintenance.
- Track and submit time and timecards.
- Ensure inventory and stock levels for parts and raw supplies are maintained.
- Use companies' purchase and/or work order system(s) when purchasing parts or scheduling repairs.
- Design and upgrade planting equipment as needed and help the department with diagnostics, trouble shooting and emergency repairs, in both shop and field settings.
- Ensure adequate training, supervision, and performance of all planting shop personnel, including "job specific" safety training, is regularly performed, and that all such training is documented.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program for all planting equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Ability to occasionally move about inside the office, shop and/or farming fields. Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity equipment. Operating hand and power tools, working on equipment that is elevated or low to the ground. Ability to inspect equipment. Ability to work on uneven terrain. Work in a wet and damp environment. Ability to continuously work outdoors and/or outdoors all day in various and sometimes extreme weather conditions. Must be able to work in different temperatures (working temperatures as hot as 100° to 110° F and as cold as 20° F to 32° F). Must be able to move items weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience working in all aspects of a fabrication, repair, and maintenance shop, preferably Ag related.
- Knowledge and experience in the safe, effective use of fabrication and maintenance shop machinery, equipment, and tools such as welders, saws, grinders, presses, lathes, and related tooling.
- Must have basic knowledge of tractors and their various operating systems (electrical, hydraulic, engine, A/C, etc.).
- Able to read, understand, and interpret blue prints for fabrication requirements.
- Must be able to create various computer documents and reports in programs such as Excel and Word, along with maintaining accurate database records.
- Must have ability to communicate and coordinate with all levels of employees.
- Must have the ability to train and instruct a work force with multiple levels of different skill sets.
- Remote work not available for this position.
- Must be able to work various hours, occasional travel out of town and/or out of state, including multiple overnight stays.
- Must be bi-lingual, English/Spanish, with the ability to speak, read, and write in both.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record.
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical and functional capacity evaluation.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k plan with a discretionary match, subject to a vesting schedule
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday Time and Personal Hours
- Employee Vehicle Purchase/Lease Programs
- Subsidized gym membership with InShape health clubs
- Free on-site personal training and other wellness-focused activities at company gym
- Tuition discount partnership program with University of La Verne
- Discounted tickets to major theme parks throughout California
- Work life balance
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.