We are a field buying organization with a very long history in the produce industry. We source a full range of the highest quality fruits and vegetables. We are looking for an experienced professional to join our team of seasoned experts.
We are searching for a permanent, full time experienced Produce Quality Control Inspector to join our team covering the Wenatchee and Yakima, WA territory.
This position is responsible for monitoring the quality of perishable products, specifically apples and cherries, while working collaboratively with suppliers and our buyers by traveling to various farming operations and performing related duties as required. Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment in performing duties directly related to the general operation of produce quality control.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience dealing directly within the produce industry and especially with apples and cherries.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Willingness to work full time with some weekend and night hours and travel during the summer months.
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two- way communication.
- Must have a good reputation and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of USDA grading system a plus.
This is a full-time salaried position with full benefits, including a company car.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.