IFCO offers a global solution for sustainable packaging solutions for fresh products. We offer a wide range of pooled equipment and solutions with over 70 models of Reusable Plastic Containers (RPCs).
We have RPCs to suit every type of fruit and vegetable as well as RPCs optimized for meat, fish, eggs and baked goods. Our business model calls for close relationships with our customers and the local market conditions. With customers in over 50 countries, IFCO has more RPCs in circulation worldwide than any other supplier. To accomplish our goals, we think globally and act locally.
We currently have an opportunity for a Category Manager to join our team.
Working from your Home/Remote office (preferably in Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Fresno, or Phoenix) you will be responsible for achievement of top line sales growth, and profitability achieved through development of strategies that encompass demand forecasting, pricing, and knowledge of the competitive environment for assigned fresh produce commodities.
- Provide strategy and direction for all commodity inquiries, best practices, and retail specifications. Research the marketplace to understand the key industry players, competition’s performances, and utilize knowledge to participate in pricing and sales strategies.
- Create value proposition for crate conversions and usage in assigned commodity. Identify opportunities in the market to maximum profitability
- Create key commodity forecast volumes within assigned commodity conversion.
- Execute business reviews with sales teams
- Evaluate performance by individual customer and region and analyze customer performance trends and impact on commodity.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience
- Minimum 3 years prior experience category management planning
- Minimum 2 years building data models that can be used to support sales
- Proven ability to perform high level of analytical functions that lead to measurable actions
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and create presentations
- Bilingual English/Spanish helpful
- Willing/able to travel 25% annually once travel limitation are lifted
Skills and Knowledge:
- Previous experience and extensive produce knowledge
- Previous experience working in retail, food service, or produce industry helpful
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, PowerBi or Tableau
IFCO offers a competitive benefits package with new hire medical/dental/vision benefits starting on the 1st of the month after hire, 401 (k) match with immediate vesting, annual bonus potential and merit increases, team environment with leadership growth opportunities.