We are looking for someone fun and dynamic to join our team! Do you have a strong passion for fresh produce? Are you self-motivated, but at the same time able to motivate others? Does the thought of servicing clients with high levels of enthusiasm excite you? If yes, then we want to hear from you. The Sales and Business Development position is responsible for avocado sales and the development of retail and foodservice business across the United States.
• Maintain and grow customer base.
• Programs selling, contract sales and FOB sales.
• Identify and strategically pursue opportunities based on industry trends.
• Help design, create, and implement programs which result in business growth.
• Manages customer price quotes and volume allocations within the outlined parameters, including daily market quotes, short term advance pricing, and contract pricing.
• Collaborate with sales team on strategy and program planning and implementation.
• Track and analyze customer sales history and purchasing trends.
• Sales planning and market forecasting.
• Coordinate sales efforts with management, marketing, accounting, operations and logistic to ensure optimal customer service and support.
• Conduct quarterly business reviews with customers.
• Travel to attend industry and customer specific trade shows, conferences, and meetings with prospective and existing customers.
• Assist with AR management.
• Performs other related duties and participate in special projects as required or assigned.
• At least five years of experience selling produce to retailers, wholesalers, and food service, preferably avocados.
• Excellent leadership qualities to represent the company with professionalism and integrity.
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
• Solid understanding of distribution.
• Proven track record of increasing sales and establishing new accounts.
• Strong work ethic: determination to achieve or exceed goals.
• Ability to work under time constraints and perform with minimum supervision.
• Ability to analyze and adapt to changing market factors and recommend or implement courses of action.
• Ability to quickly assimilate information from different sources and come up with sound strategic solutions
• Excellent communication, public speaking, and interpersonal skills.
• Bilingual-Spanish skills a plus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position; typical work hours are varied and require flexibility. Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends required.
This position requires up to 25% overnight travel, usually within the U.S.