Indianapolis Fruit Company (Indy Fruit), our distribution network and premium supply chain provide our team the necessary tools to deliver a full-service retail experience for our customers that will differentiate them from competition and provide great opportunities for success. Indy Fruit team members thrive in our dynamic and collaborative environment in this fast-paced and ever-changing industry.
Indy Fruit recognizes the importance of being able to provide our team members and their families with quality benefits as part of their overall compensation package. We provide a comprehensive and competitive package that delivers quality and value while satisfying the diverse needs of our workforce.
Since 1947, Indy Fruit has been delivering fresh fruits and vegetables to our valued retail partners throughout the Midwest. We look forward to adding you to our team and continuing our company growth.
Opportunity to execute and improve the following areas:
- The Chief Operating Officer will oversee company operations, project timelines, business developments, and employee productivity while building a highly inclusive culture to ensure team members thrive.
- Efficiently analyze sales history and gross profit trends that meet business needs and allows for reliable forecasting of future sales and company projections.
- Work alongside the President to set and drive the organizational vision and mission, corporate strategy, and hiring needs.
- Effectively develop actionable business strategies, objectives, and plans that ensure alignment with short and long-term objectives developed with the President.
- Ensure compliance with national and local business regulations and take appropriate action when necessary.
- In this role the successful candidate will refine and communicate company priorities and positioning to the employee base and marketplace
- This role will succeed by collaborating with members of the leadership team to align cross-functional objectives and priorities with the overall goals of the organization.
Competencies, Education, and Skills to be Successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or a related field. MBA or equivalent preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in a senior management position, preferably as a COO or similar role.
- Proficient skills in Produce Pro or similar software, Microsoft Office and common E Mail systems are required.
- Retail Grocery Channel – Specific, proven experience developing a portfolio of products for grocery retailers and developing a network to service the specialty independent grocery channel. Direct and recent experience selling produce products into these accounts. Ideally, the manager has top-to-top relationship management experience with senior management, merchandisers, and buyers. Track record of establishing and sustaining customer relationships at all key levels to achieve desired results.
- Customer-Team Experience – History of working seamlessly with other functional counterparts on the overall go-to-market strategy, new product initiatives and customer specific plans. History of consistently using individual customer goals, strategies and capabilities to tailor programs that generate success for both company and customer.
- Health & Welfare Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages)
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company vehicle, fuel card, cellphone, and laptop
- Weekly Pay
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.