LIV ORGANIC PRODUCE is a produce sales organization partnering with medium to large sized family farms to bring the finest organic produce to market. This partnership allows our growers to focus on growing while LIV focuses on selling their products to national and local markets at sustainable returns. Our packing operation, Liv Packing is searching for a Grower Relations/Field Manager to join our team in Oceanside CA.
We are actively seeking a Grower Relations/Field Manager that will identify, on-board and manage our grower partners. We're looking for someone with deep agriculture or produce industry knowledge and account management experience with farms. The position will require travel to farms to work hand-in-hand with growers on innovating and improving harvesting methods with our supply team. The ideal candidate will have a solid knowledge of agriculture, produce pricing, an extensive farm relationship network and direct experience with buying or selling produce.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- An outgoing personality with excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop new relationships with growers within the area
- Minimum of 3+ years of grower relations experience or produce procurement/distributor experience, preferably in California
- Operationally minded. Strong project management and sales / operational rollout experience
- Excellent negotiation skills and strategic acumen
- Very organized with strong follow-through, both internally and externally
- Strong ability to analyze data and make qualified judgments on results.
- Ability to travel local and statewide to meet with outside growers, identify new growers and/or production regions, expanding the Company's presence.
- Previous experience in a start-up or fast-growth environment a major plus
- Tech savvy - comfortable working with and learning new applications
- Excellent knowledge of Pre/post-harvest field practices
- Able to manage field harvest and hauling for growers
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
We offer an excellent compensation package, and an opportunity to be a key contributor to a growing company.
If this is you, then we want to talk!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.