Live Oak Farms is a diversified growing, packing and shipping operation located in the Central Valley. Products grown include: almonds, corn, fresh market and processed tomatoes, bell peppers and jalapenos.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager possibly grooming for Controller position. We are a growing and dynamic family owned business farming for 92 years in the central valley of California and. Ownership and Management very supportive with good lines of communication. We work hard, expect results, our employees get along and work as a team.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for all accounting operations overseeing, tracking and evaluating day-to-day accounting tasks and activities to comply with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Accounting manager shall implement and maintain an adequate system of accounting records for collecting, analyzing, verifying and producing timely financial reports, ensuring the accuracy of the company’s financial results. Position will work with companies accounting firm to report and pay taxes on a timely manner.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major.
- CPA or CMA certification / Solid knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and concepts
- 2-5 years accounting experience in financial reporting/general ledger area, agriculture background preferred.
- Experience with automated accounting system, Famous software knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of cost accounting
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely in oral, written and presentation formats.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently with a sense of urgency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
We are located in the central valley right next to the hills headed to Yosemite. This is a great career opportunity to work with our 4th generation farm family.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.