At L&M we love our produce and take great pride in our farms. Each and every person on the farm understands the importance of their individual role. Their expertise ensures you get the very best the farms have to offer.
We have an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant to join our team in Raleigh, NC.
The Staff Accountant will perform day-to-day accounting activities, cost accounting, budget analysis, and end of month processes for our Farms and Warehouse facilities within an assigned geographic region. Provide recommendations based on analyses of labor reporting, budget, and cost. They will also maintain and provide timely and accurate reconciliation of various general ledger accounts.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Ability to work well independently and as a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Cost Accounting experience preferred
- Power BI DAX experience
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, including the ability to create pivot tables
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to travel to farm and warehouse operations 2-3 times per year in the southeastern United States
- Associate’s or higher degree in business, accounting, or related area required
- Two years’ fresh produce or other agriculture-related experience required
- Two to three years’ accounting experience preferred
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.