Skagit Valley potato producer looking for a self-motivated person to work in Packing warehouse. This is a full-time position, with seasonal schedule. This position would be working alongside the current management team.
The Warehouse Operation Manager is primarily responsible for all warehouse operations and equipment maintenance of Potato washing, grading, and packing line.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Warehouse Operations Manager include the following:
- Learning and understanding the warehouse process flow.
- Be able to diagnose basic equipment issues and problem solves to get back operational.
- Work with sales to schedule order and load times for outgoing shipments in specification to customer expectations.
- Managing inventories of packaging supplies.
- Directs and coordinates team member activities, such as grading, packing and recordkeeping in accordance with best practices.
- Maintain day-to-day pack out efficiencies to minimize down time and reach daily goals.
- Work with current team to be increase efficiencies in warehouse of all processes of grading, packing, storage, and shipment to ensure minimal product/crop loss.
- Create and oversee off season Maintenance and improvement projects done to packing line.
- Works with sales, farm, and warehouse crew to ensure efficiency of all processes of washing, grading, storage, and shipment to ensure minimal product/crop loss.
- Recommend purchase of machinery, equipment, and supplies.
- Works with management to hire, discharge and promote workers, enforce safety and workplace policies.
- Purchasing of needed equipment and supplies in adherence to budget set by management.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Competitive Salary, Based off qualifications. From $65K
Sept. – Feb./March: Harvest/Storage Shipping
- 8–12-hour shifts M-F
- Weekend availability
April/May – August: Maintenance/Repairs and Improvements
- 8-hour days M-F
- Use of comp time
Ability to commute/relocate:
Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.