From its headquarters in Salinas, Markon Cooperative, Inc. provides fresh produce purchasing, logistics, information, and marketing services exclusively to its five member distributors (Ben E. Keith Foods, Gordon Food Service, Gordon Food Service Canada, Nicholas & Company, and Shamrock Foods Company) and their foodservice customers. A leader in food safety, quality control and innovation, Markon is also mindful of the produce industry's impact on people – from field workers to consumers. At Markon, we put people first, and we offer a culture that values teamwork, loyalty, and a commitment to excellence. Learn more about Markon at markon.com
Markon’s AP Coordinator is an essential member of our Finance Department and will be an integral member of the Accounts Payable team, assisting with the vendor payment process and other accounting related tasks. This position requires the ability to exhibit independence, flexibility and good judgment to respond to changing priorities. The ideal candidate is an organized and motivated team player, dependable and driven by excellence. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out the job duties; typically includes a high school diploma or GED and 2 years of related work experience
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook, and the ability to quickly learn new software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills, including the ability to apply concepts like fractions, percentages and ratios to practical situations
- Ability to identify and resolve problems independently and with sound judgment
- Ability to consistently demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and dependability
- AA or Bachelor’s degree
- Produce industry experience preferred
Salary & Benefits
Competitive hourly rate and benefits. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Employer subsidized health, vision and dental insurance effective on the first of the month following hire. PTO accrual and paid holidays from date of hire.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.