From its headquarters in Salinas, Markon Cooperative, Inc. provides fresh produce purchasing, logistics, information and marketing services exclusively to its five member distributors (Ben E. Keith Foods, Gordon Food Service, Gordon Food Service Canada, Nicholas & Company, and Shamrock Foods Company) and their foodservice customers. A leader in food safety, quality control and innovation, Markon is also mindful of the produce industry's impact on people – from field workers to consumers. At Markon, we put people first, and we offer a culture that values team work, loyalty, and a commitment to excellence. Learn more about Markon at Markon.com.
We are seeking an experienced Customer Service Associate to play a critical support role on our Customer Service Team. The ideal candidate will have some experience in a produce support role, be eager to gain knowledge and expertise in produce markets and possess exceptional customer service skills. This position requires accuracy in a high amount of data entry, excellent communication skills, and the ability to exhibit independence, flexibility, and good judgment to respond to changing priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university preferred; OR 2 year college degree plus 1-2 years of customer service/office/produce experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer skills, including database entry and ability to learn new programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and customer service skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems independently and with sound judgment
- Ability to consistently demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and dependability in a fast paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, flexibility, enthusiasm and team work
- Ability to work Saturday mornings on a rotating basis
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits package. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Employer subsidized health, vision and dental insurance effective on the first of the month following hire. Personal Time Off (PTO) accrual and paid holidays from date of hire.
When applying, please submit your resume and cover letter as a single document (PDF).
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.