Muranaka Farm, Inc. is a grower/shipper of fresh vegetable produce based in Moorpark, CA. We specialize in conventional and organic vegetables for retail, processor, and foodservice customers.
The Sales Account Representative is responsible for proactively managing assigned current customer accounts including retail, foodservice, and wholesale. New customer relationship development with sales growth focused on program/agreement business maximizing long-term profits. Your success will be driven by strong communication skills, ability to prioritize competing tasks, follow-through and execute tasks to deadline.
- Develop strong product knowledge, logistic understanding of product flows, impacts of weather, etc.
- Manage strategic plans for assigned accounts while maintain sales strategy compliance.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of each customer’s business and anticipate customer needs.
- New customer retention and growth with strong focus on maximizing long-term profitability.
- Must consistently track customer development to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide customer/client feedback to Production Management, Sales Management and other departments with regard to product specifications and expectations.
- Establish and build strong work relationships with all team members to ensure the successful and repeat delivery of services to customer accounts.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast paced, sometimes loud, dynamic social environment.
- Detail focused with strong ability to manage multiple competing duties. Strong work ethic, moral character and high business ethics.
- Excellent telephone skills and demonstrate proficiency in composing written communication.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make sound decisions and problem solve.
- Flexible, respects confidentiality, and is able to work in a team environment within the Company culture, as well as independently.
- Self-motivated team player – with results oriented attitude and creative background.
- Persuasive, courteous, perceptive to customers’ needs, and possesses strong customer service focus.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Computer literacy skills for strong capability operating various E-Commerce platforms.
- Knowledge of fresh vegetable produce industry preferred.
- High level presentation and selling skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-up.
- Professional and polished demeanor when working with other Team Members
Educational or Equivalent Experience Required:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent studies in business or sales-related fields.
- Alternatively, 3+ years previous sales experience; preferably in perishables.
- Work performed in a combination of office, field, and production environments
- Exposure to outdoor elements as well as warehouse elements: such as noise, cold, and moving equipment
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.