Efficiently deliver produce to customers, follow driver safety rules and provide professional customer service. Assist in the warehouse loading trucks, palletizing product, pulling orders and performing other duties at the request of the Supervisor or Manager.
- Run routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route times.
- Call in when customers does not receive their entire order (shorts).
- Handle company equipment properly, follow written driver safety rules, and perform pre-trip inspection.
- Report accidents and injuries and any damage to equipment immediately.
- Handle any customer complaints professionally.
- Responsible for upkeep of vehicles at end of shift- clean cab and box.
- Work overtime if required as requested by the Supervisor.
- Perform other duties requested by the Supervisor or Manager.
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
- Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
- Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
- Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck.
- While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels.
- The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts; single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts.
- Walking and working is done on concrete flooring.
- Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates.
- The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs.
- The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
- Produce Experience Preferred
- Class B License Preferred
- No DUI and current license in good status required.