Headquartered in Castroville, California near Monterey Bay, Ocean Mist Farms is one of California’s leading growers of premium quality produce. We have an affiliation with seven companies with operations in California, Arizona and Mexico. Founded in 1924, we are privately held, the largest producer of artichokes in North America and produce over 30 other fresh vegetable commodities. Our operations include plant breeding, farming, harvesting, cooling, distribution and sales. Ocean Mist Farms’ fresh vegetable product line is sold domestically and internationally year-round. To learn more about our company, please visit www.oceanmist.com.
The HR Administrator is responsible for coordinating and promoting our various employee benefit plans as well as providing administrative support with the day-to-day administration of the department.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Send us your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
- Administer health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations, and accurate invoice reconciliation.
- Assist in benefit renewal process by generating reports of relevant data and acting as a key contributor during the open enrollment process.
- Coordinate and track leaves of absence programs.
- Supports and actively participates in all Wellness Program initiatives.
- Provide administrative project support to the HR Managers for various HR programs as well as provide professional level support with the day-to-day administration of the department.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and industry trends and make recommendations to management for improvement of organization's policies, procedures and practices.
- Create and maintain all physical and electronic employee files- assuring accuracy and completeness, compliance and the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for internal document management and version control for published department materials.
- Prepare and distribute regulatory filings/notices to employees on a timely manner (i.e. labor law posters, Form 1095 C, SAR notices, State National Medical Support Notices) for all affiliate entities.
- Process HR invoices and expenses on a timely and accurate basis.
- Manages inventory of HR department’s office supplies and materials.
- Serve as the primary backup for Receptionist position for rest and meal periods and provides coverage during their absence. Performs all telephone and clerical duties related to this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum AA or AS degree from an accredited college.
- Three years of direct HR Administration experience including experience in benefit administration is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, intermediate level Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to fluently speak, read and write in English and Spanish without assistance is required.
- Trustworthy, discrete and a high degree of personal integrity to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work activities using time efficiently while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, approachable, ethical and a positive service attitude.
- Consistently at work and on time, follow through on instructions independently, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Must demonstrate the ability to create and review documents for accuracy.
- Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; checks and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ability to travel to remote locations, including the surrounding areas of the Salinas Valley as well as periodic travel to the Coachella Valley during open enrollment periods.