Headquartered in Castroville, California near Monterey Bay, Ocean Mist Farms is one of California’s leading growers of premium quality produce. We have an affiliation with seven companies with operations in California, Arizona and Mexico. Founded in 1924, we are privately held, the largest producer of artichokes in North America and produce over 30 other fresh vegetable commodities. Our operations include plant breeding, farming, harvesting, cooling, distribution and sales. Ocean Mist Farms’ fresh vegetable product line is sold domestically and internationally year-round. To learn more about our company, please visit www.oceanmist.com.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, versatile Human Resources Generalist to perform duties at the professional level in some or all the following functional areas: hiring and on-boarding, employee training and development, employee engagement and employment law compliance.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Send us your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Serves as an HR liaison to field & cooler employees by providing superior service and advising employees regarding policies, procedures and programs.
- Provide personnel policy and procedure guidance and counseling to managers.
- Travels to other OMF and affiliate locations to support operations with all personnel matters, conduct and/or attend site location trainings, “tail gate” meetings and otherwise promote positive employee relations.
- Participate in talent acquisition efforts by maintaining applicant flow process and assisting with decreasing time to fill jobs. This includes performing recruitment and new hire onboarding activities, (i.e. coordinating and conducting applicant drug screens, reference checks, background checks, motor vehicle checks and preparing, coordinating and performing new-hire onboarding).
- Maintains organizational charts by department.
- Cultivates ideas for employee culture experiences and coordinates employee activities and events.
- Develops and manages employee recognition programs such as service awards and employee appreciation events.
- Administers and promotes employee and management development programs (i.e. Educational Assistance Program and computer/language skills-based training programs).
- Provide training to employees and managers as required and needed. This may include harassment and discrimination prevention, annual trainings on organizational policies and procedures, and in support of other company initiatives.
- Performs all activities related to our ArtiGlobe Employee Newsletter.
- Assist HR Director with updating, publishing and communicating employee handbook policies in accordance with employment law.
- Participates in key initiatives and projects relative to increased employee engagement and process improvement implementations.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required. CAphr or PHR certification preferred.
- Three years of increasingly responsible generalist experience. Working experience in the Ag industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and California human resources laws and regulations and ability to understand company policies and procedures.
- Bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, intermediate level Excel.
- Ability to travel to areas of operation (surrounding areas of the Salinas Valley and the Coachella Valley).
- Perform a variety of functions efficiently, accurately and confidentiality.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Provide exceptional customer service skills and adequately represent the Company when in contact with employees, applicants and members of the public, both on the telephone and in person.
- Demonstrate superior oral communication skills. Be able to communicate policies and other business information effectively and meaningfully with employees at all levels of the organization.
- High degree of written communication and proofreading skills is required.
- Work independently and collaboratively; take direction and think and act independently to execute assigned responsibilities.
- Must possess a “Can-Do” attitude and a self-starter on daily projects and willingness to proactively solve issues with minimal supervision.