Bringing fresh global produce home. As one of North America's top fresh produce companies, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppy, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
Oppy is now hiring one (1) Sales Representative from one of three following regions: Newark, DE / Los Angeles, Ca / Santa Maria, CA.
We are looking for a motivated individual with experience in produce sales to complement our dynamic sales team and contribute to our fast-growing berry category. The Sales Representative establishes, maintains, and develops a customer base for each assigned product/territory while assisting the Sales Manager in the development and promotion of new product lines. They'll ensure that product price and grower returns are maximized to achieve maximum sales profitability and growth and build and maintains effective working relationships in a rapidly changing, high-pressure environment.
This is an amazing chance to join a stable, successful company that offers opportunity for a motivated, connected and pragmatic sales professional. With accountability to the sales leadership team and collaborating with the category leadership team you will contribute dedicated team of professionals that love what they do. Come join a global team that is passionate about what they do and positioned for significant growth.
What You Bring
- A Communication Maven. You have been recognized as a go-to person, bridging and building positive relationships across departments. You have a way of communicating that naturally builds open and positive relationships with all you come into contact with. Your communication is clear, concise, and positively focused.
- Results-Focused. You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep trying until you get results.
- Experienced. You ideally have experience in retail purchasing, produce sales and marketing. You have high drive to learn and build a career in the dynamic produce industry.
- Schooled. Your degree or diploma in business with a focus in sales, marketing or agri-business will give you a foundation to build your experience. Spanish language skills are also an asset.
- Proactive. Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically work to improve your skills and learn the business. Resourcefulness and tenacity are in your DNA.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions, and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships with customers, growers and across departments.
- Composed. You remain positive and poised in all situations, not much rattles you. Multi-tasking comes naturally, and you find keeping busy invigorating.
- Flexible. You are willing to do what it takes to get the job done; occasional weekend or evening work does not faze you. Travelling for work excites you!
- Tech Savvy. You know your way around Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook and take to new programs quickly.
Why You Should Consider Us
- We are an established leader in the fresh produce industry, continuously working to improve, innovate and disrupt the norm. Oppy is a place where you are encouraged to contribute and can have a meaningful impact.
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed.
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes pension and benefits.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.