The Help Desk Level 2 Associate is the frontline staff member responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to desktops, laptops, and other user devices. Generally, Level 2 handles breaks/fixes, configuration issues, troubleshooting, software installations, and hardware repair including in-house repair or coordinating depot services. Level 2 will escalate issues to Level 3 on an as needed basis due to inability to solve the situation. Level 2 will respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions. Level 2 will also manage a variety of contracts and accounts with IT suppliers and communication providers (i.e., wireless providers; Verizon and Sprint).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, hardware, printer, network, phone, or other IT related equipment issues.
- Provide user support and customer service on company-supported computer applications and platforms. Troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action.
- Respond to user request forms; email messages from customers seeking help; ask questions to determine the nature of problem; walk customer through problem-solving process. Log all help desk interactions.
- Set-up new hires with requested equipment; orient new hires to IT procedures and policies relevant to their position. Train computer users when requested.
- Manage and keep up to date the active User Directory, mailboxes and distribution groups, NAV database and phone systems as requested or required.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems; diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues. Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur. Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention. Inform management of recurring problems.
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions. Prepare activity reports.
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure the issue has been resolved.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems and other office equipment. Clean up computers.
- AD-Microsoft, Set-up and Maintenance and Navision, Windows, Androids, Remote Support are required activities.
- Laptop Build, Scan Gun Updates, Repair Conduit, Registry, FOB Assignments, Polycom Conference with Maynard are required activities.
- Switch replacements, Light Network, various Printer configurations are required activities.
SAFETY/GMP/Misc. (if applicable)
- Adhere to GMP’s in accordance with company policy.
- None, however, provides support across all departments with their IT needs.
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in or certification in basic computer networking and repair and 3 years’ experience in the field.
- Excellent oral communication with a customer service orientation is essential; ability to tease out issues being experienced by users with varying levels of computer expertise.
- Above average written communication skills are required; must be able to clearly outline solutions and steps in a simple and concise format for users.
- Prefer Bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical work – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra.
- A Microsoft Certification preferred.
- High level of problem-solving skills is a key element in order to be successful in this position.
- Security minded essential.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Organizes time schedules and simultaneous projects.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Organization and planning skills are critical.
- Ability to adapt to and shift priorities as necessary; requires extensive team-oriented work.
- Ability to manage stressful situations and changing environments; ability to work in fast-paced high-pressure environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Heavy use of computers, computer screens, phones, faxes, etc. are required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to air conditioning. The employee is also exposed to cold temperatures and heat when visiting plant processing and warehousing locations. The employee may visit plant locations where the use of chemical substances is present and used in the processing plant. Employees’ work is also subject to the pressures of time constraints and deadlines. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.