Are you an experienced leader and manager with a passion for planning, organizing, and directing the operations of Almond Trees?
Are you looking for a fulfilling career with an organization that rewards success and encourages teamwork and high standards?
We’re seeking an experienced Senior Farm Manager with a strong background in horticulture, farm operations, quality, and productivity.
As the Senior Farm Manager you are responsible for directing all activities necessary to operate and support our farms at maximum efficiency. You will accomplish this by working with cross-functional teams to ensure that long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies are followed. You will also collaborate with the President in creating an efficient operations plan that meets company safety, policy and budget standards.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader, with a balance of produce-business acumen, ethics, team-building and people skills. They will be able to work independently and collaboratively performing multiple-level projects in conjunction with daily activities. They will be organized, labor-efficiency-minded, a team player and have excellent communications skills.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in an agricultural field of study, such as soil science or agronomy or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience in farm production management.
- Must have experience with Almonds.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to effectively build and manage a team-oriented culture.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude, irrigation knowledge, pruning and trellising.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and be resourceful.
- Results oriented manager.
- Ability to plan ahead and to look at the whole picture.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Direct and coordinate the overall operations of the farms.
- Manage a team of Farm Managers, regular and seasonal employees.
- Responsible for leadership, hiring, training and coaching in a harmonious working climate, while maximizing employee morale and productivity.
- Overall operations of the farms, including farm development, irrigation, application/pest management, pruning, trellising, grafting and harvesting.
- Establish goals, direction and vision while strategically planning all projects with the president.
- Identify equipment improvements, changes and/or replacements.
- Budget and manage farm to ensure efficient/profitable operations and ongoing fiscal responsibilities.
- Proven ability to communicate and work with all levels of management.