Pacific Plug & Liner, a sister company to Smith Gardens, has an exciting opportunity for a Shipping and Logistics Coordinator to join our team at our Watsonville, CA Site.
Pacific Plug & Liner was founded in October 1999 and is located on the beautiful California Central Coast with a climate ideal for plant and flower production. We have approximately 290,000 sq. ft. dedicated to growing young plants. Pacific Plug & Liner features a state-of-the-art production facility, ensuring consistent and superior quality.
The Shipping and Logistics Coordinator will direct and organize all moving, selecting, shipping and logistics activities at PP&L. Supervise and motivate staff, increasing performance, while promoting a positive leadership and mentoring environment. Work closely with Production, Growing and Shipping to ensure labor at peak is managed efficiency while maintaining continuous improvement. Coordinate all shipping and transportation to focus on profitability of PP&L.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- At least 3 years leading a shipping department or processes
- Bilingual in Spanish is required
- Team building skills
- Strong communicator who can multi-task
- Positive, self-starter, value based, collaborative, and driven
- Operate with high integrity, adhering to Company standards and values
- High standard of performance characterized by attention to detail and accurate plan follow-through
- Thorough working knowledge and experience in ERP systems, MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including immediate PTO accrual, Medical, Dental and Vision after 30 days plus matching 401(k) after 6 months and Company-Paid LTD after one year.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.