Paragon Foods, the premier distributor of fresh produce and epicurean foods to the restaurant and food-service industry in Western Pennsylvania, has a territorial sales representative position available.
Paragon has grown to become the predominant, modernized, solutions-based produce distributor in the market. Our state of the art distribution center and accompanying Just Cut fresh processed fruit and vegetable facility, located in Warrendale, PA, uniquely position our company for strong future growth.
The territorial sales role is an outside sales position responsible for developing new business and managing growth in existing accounts through consultative sales strategies within the assigned territory.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs, present product solutions to meet needs.
- Review market reports and stay informed of crop conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application to log activity
- This is a highly engaged role- customer visitation is expected no less than 3.5 days each week.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly sales reports for penetration opportunities and prevention of lost sales
- Be a resource for customers in menu development and event planning
- Requires occasional work during non-traditional hours, addressing customer needs as they service their clientele on weekends, evenings and occasionally on holidays.
- Act with urgency in responding to customer questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses.
- Manage customer delivery expectations and concerns as well as mediate when urgent product recovery is needed
- Assist Credit Department with communication of accounts receivable as necessary, ensuring the collection of past due balances as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate the ability to converse with and understand the needs of restauranteurs, culinary staff and foodservice management personnel
- One year of outside foodservice sales experience preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5 YRS Foodservice sales experience.
- Basic pc skills, proficiency in excel, experience with CRM
- Software and MS Outlook.
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of territory.
- Valid driver's license with a "clean" driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years).
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check).
- Ability to read, write, speak English, Spanish a plus.
• Building Trust.
• Building Customer Loyalty.
• Sales Ability / Persuasiveness.
• Managing Work.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.