At Professional Produce, our mission is to provide our customers with exceptional personal service, prompt accurate information, and the best value on premium quality fresh fruits and vegetables.
Developing and maintaining long-term partnerships is the basis of our Company’s philosophy. We are committed to upholding our reputation of honesty, integrity and sound business practices with customers, growers, and shippers.
Staying true to our mission on a daily basis enables us to provide outstanding customer service. Our mission is what our company was built on. It has led to our current position in the industry, and will continue to guide us into the future.
We have an immediate opening for a delivery driver to join our team in Vernon, CA.
The Professional Produce Driver is responsible for the transport and delivery of products. Professional Produce Drivers are expected to be well presented in company uniforms, drive safely obeying all traffic laws and maintain product integrity. Position reports to Logistics Manager.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations (if a Class A driver), to transport and deliver products.
- Perform inspections on trucks before loading goods.
- Report any equipment in the truck inoperable or missing.
- Monitor loading and unloading of goods.
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Ensure that cargo is well secured.
- Pickup and deliver goods as required.
- Maintains radio or telephone contact with dispatch or supervisor to receive instructions or be dispatched to new location.
- Assist warehouse staff as required.
- Clean trucks daily as required
- Maintain a log of their activities, condition of the vehicle and any cases of accidents, document and report the facts.
- At the end of shift handover records of deliveries, pick-ups, daily reports, mechanical problems, etc.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Competent driving skills and an acceptable driving record.
- Valid California Drivers License – Class A or B as required.
- High School Education preferred.
- Should be able to read and speak English.
- Must have 20/40 vision (with or without glasses).
- Knowledge of Bobtails and Tractor Trailer Trucks as well as reefer units.
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Knowledge and understanding of GPS technology.
- Knowledge of state transport regulations.
- Mandatory random drug and alcohol testing.
- Required to stand or drive for long periods of time.
- May involve some repetitive motions.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- May also engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling.
- Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold.
- Knowledge and understanding of GMPs, HACCP, Allergen Awareness & Quality/Hold procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding SQF Overview.
- Knowledge and understanding of Management Commitment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Food Safety Policy Statement.
- Knowledge and understanding of Organizational Chart.
- Knowledge and understanding to report any Food Safety issues.