Professional Produce was established in 1994, but our roots in the produce business date back to the early 1900’s. The integral parts of our business are: growing, shipping, packing, repacking, wholesale distributing, and being a broker to market for quality fresh produce.
Our warehouse is located 2 miles from downtown Los Angeles, in Vernon, CA. Our facility is a 50,000 square foot state of the art, specifically designed warehouse and distribution center. We have 5 coolers with over 30,000 square feet of refrigeration, all set at various temperatures to ensure the best possible climates to store any type of produce. Additionally, our warehouse is equipped with 17 truck bays and a repack room. Our repack room includes cutting edge technology provided by Compac Sorting Equipment. This machine is able to sort and pack various types of fruits and vegetables all automatically. The machine is able to sort for quality, color, size, and pack by count or weight.
Upholding our reputation of honesty, integrity, and sound business practices with our customers, growers, and shippers.
We have an immediate opening for an INVENTORY CONTROL SPECIALIST to join our team.
The successful candidate will maintain integrity of warehouse inventory through physical cycle counts, audit of inventory counts, and random stock checks following established company protocols and procedures. Focus on continuous improvement within inventory, warehouse and production.
Perform cycle counting of physical inventory; research and locate missing inventory. Including scheduling categories for cycle count while maintaining strict accurate records.
Routinely: Perform stock checks of physical inventory with particular emphasis on high turn items while making sure adequate inventory is available.
- Maintain excellent facility organization and appearance: best practices for maintaining accuracy while setting an example for co-workers……always keep work areas clean and organized.
- Maintain training routine for other co-workers in cycle counting and inventory control procedures.
- Works in collaboration with Production Department to ensure repack requirements meet customer delivery dates and specifications.
- Engages with Sales, Warehouse and Operations to ensure timely and accurate completion of all inventory transactions.
- Conduct Physical Inventory on a monthly basis.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Previous experience in Inventory Control in a wide wholesale distributor, fulfillment center is required (3 years) min.
- Basic math skills along with strong skills in MS Office, Outlook, and Excel. This includes strong computer skills and detailed accurate data entry.
- Communication skills with a strong verbal and written background.
- Focus should be on urgency in an active/time sensitive environment and take quick problem-solving actions. This includes attention to detail while multitasking and researching multiple issues.
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.