River Fresh Farms is a major produce company based in Salinas, CA. We are a grower, shipper and packer, of a variety of crops, that sells to top national supermarkets, major wholesalers, and food service companies. With the direct link between growers and buyers we offer both flexibility and responsiveness to produce customers.
Currently, we are looking to hire a Freight Salesperson in their Salinas, CA office. The Freight Salesperson will be responsible for focusing on and generating business through new and existing sales. The candidate will be experienced at prospecting new leads, territory planning, cold calls, relationship building, and most importantly, follow up.
You will be encouraged to innovate and to apply your skills and knowledge to propel the growth of the business and your career to new levels.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in related field
- Three to five years related in the freight forwarding industry, including prospecting, cold calling, and providing freight alternatives.
- Ability to manage customer relationships through creative problem solving. Ability to interpret customer needs into a service “value proposition” and develop appropriate associated quotations. Ability to coordinate and respond to conversations, written requests, and multi-sourced communications. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic mathematical ability including multiple computations to arrive at pricing which meets percentage profit targets. Ability to compute cost/pricing factors based on customer product, mode of transport, fees, and handling.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel.
- Accountability, you take your work personally and strive for excellence
- Strong work ethic, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- 401(k) including matching
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- HRA Debit Card - funded by employer for employee use on med/dental/vision out of pocket expenses
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
If you’re a Freight Sales professional looking for a great new opportunity, we want to talk to you!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.