With the direct link between growers and buyers, River Fresh Farms is a grower-shipper company that offers both flexibility and responsiveness to produce customers.
Currently, we are looking to hire a Remote Freight Salesperson. The Freight Salesperson will be responsible for focusing on and generating business through new and existing sales. The candidate will be experienced at prospecting new leads, territory planning, cold calls, relationship building, and most importantly, follow up.
You will be encouraged to innovate and to apply your skills and knowledge to propel the growth of the business and your career to new levels.
Plan, develop and execute tailored sales strategies, and stay informed regarding competitive services and pricing.
Negotiation of freight coverage.
Customer and carrier relationship management. Successfully build relationships and influence key decision makers.
Price negotiation. Market and sell logistic services to assigned and self-generated contact base: in person, by preparing letters, by e-mail, and by phone; prepare and conduct electronic sales presentations.
Analysis of market trends. Plans and conducts market research to identify opportunities.
Superior customer service. Provide outstanding customer service to ensure all customer issues are effectively investigated and resolved.
Document and track all contacts, quotations and follow-up interaction with customers.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in related field.
- Three to five years related in the freight forwarding industry, including prospecting, cold calling, and providing freight alternatives.
- Ability to manage customer relationships through creative problem solving.
- Ability to interpret customer needs into a service “value proposition” and develop appropriate associated quotations.
- Ability to coordinate and respond to conversations, written requests, and multi-sourced communications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic mathematical ability including multiple computations to arrive at pricing which meets percentage profit targets.
- Ability to compute cost/pricing factors based on customer product, mode of transport, fees, and handling.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel.
- Accountability, you take your work personally and strive for excellence.
- Strong work ethic, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.