River Fresh Farms is a major produce company based in Salinas, CA. We are a grower, shipper and packer, of a variety of crops, that sells to top national supermarkets, major wholesalers, and food service companies.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Produce Sales Representative to join our dynamic team in McAllen, TX.
As a member of our sales team you will sell our fresh fruit and vegetable product line to national retail, wholesale and foodservice accounts. You will be responsible for handling produce for large volume sales accounts by identifying market levels, anticipating customer needs, managing sales margins, entering customer orders and expanding the customer base, while providing superior customer service.
The best candidates will be personable and outgoing individuals who can bring a positive attitude to our busy workplace every day.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have:
- BA/BS Degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of two years’ experience in produce sales
- A proven track record in fresh fruit and/or vegetables sales, preferably melons, asparagus, bell peppers, or pineapples
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to make sound decisions and solve problems
- Self-starter who has the passion and determination to work hard and meet or exceed goals
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative within general company guidelines
- Possess a proven ability to recognize opportunities for business expansion within key customers
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Qualified candidates should send a resume, including salary history as one document.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.