Rousseau Farming Company®, a leading grower, packer, and shipper of premium quality conventional and organic vegetables in the Phoenix metro area is seeking an Assistant Harvest Manager for its 4500 acre farming operation in Scottsdale, Arizona.
We have an immediate opening available for an Assistant Harvest Manager to join our team in Scottsdale, AZ.
The Assistant Harvest Manager role is a year-round position with the responsibility of assisting in the day-to-day oversite of our East Valley conventional and organic harvesting operations, October through June. The Assistant Harvest Manager will also be responsible for supervising the planting and transplanting operations concurrent with, and outside of the harvest season.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 years of harvest management experience.
- Experience in and knowledge of fresh produce, along with a proven track record of managing harvest operations for several commodities.
- Ability to successfully motivate and lead harvest teams and develop working relationships with individuals and various departments within the operations.
- Fluent in conversational and written English-Spanish is highly desired.
- Experience in hiring, training, developing, and mentoring direct reports is essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and Word.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and must be insurable and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Physically capable to engage in any aspect of normal farming/harvesting operations.
- Must be a person of high integrity, with a strong work ethic, and flexibility to work long hours as necessary including weekends.
- Flexible and able to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communicator one-on-one and in group settings.
- Excellent time management skills.
We offer Compensation commensurate with experience. Includes benefits, paid vacation, and a company vehicle.
If you want to be a part of a great organization, while enjoying all the perks of an industry leader, apply now.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.