Are you a growth-focused HR Manager looking for a fulfilling and rewarding role? Challenge accepted.
Are you an experienced, dedicated HR professional with a knack for people management and a passion for the team you serve? Are you excited by an opportunity to create and cultivate an incredible employee experience from the ground up? We are looking for a dedicated, skilled Human Resources Manager to own and oversee the planning, directing, and coordinating of strategic HR activities in employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies, and compliance requirements.
In this dynamic role, you directly impact critical HR functions while recruiting, onboarding, and supporting employees with various HR functions. Core activities include creating managerial-level job descriptions, hiring core talent, developing and maintaining competitive salary structures, and constructing and updating the employee handbook. This is an incredible opportunity to build and nurture a growing corporate culture while crafting a career you love.
If you are an engaged, experienced, hands-on HR leader looking to apply your skills for good, check out the job details below.
What You Bring to The Table
The following personal attributes will contribute to your success:
- Communicator – You are a skilled communicator, both verbally and in the written word
- Strategic – You have a deep understanding of the business needs, the corporate goals for success and are always two steps ahead of the curve
- Connector – You have a team-first mentality and enjoy working with and serving others
- Leader – Equal parts visionary and tactical executor, you are the go-to for all things HR
- Collaborator – Team player, confidant, partner. You are a constant. A dependable, trusted counterpart
- Discrete – You can be trusted with highly confidential information and are discrete in all aspects of the job
- Integrity — You are honest, ethical, and professional
- Detail-driven – You cross every "T" and dot every "I" organization is your middle name. You are focused and thorough
- Initiative – You can work independently and require very little supervision. You know what needs to be done, and you do it
- Skilled – You have a deep understanding of the best practices in HR and are up to date on the latest legislation, policies, and industry trends
What You Can Expect Day-to-Day
While no one day is the same, the following are the core duties of the Human Resource Manager:
- Set up, analyze, and modify compensation packages and benefits policies to establish competitive and consistence salary programs for each position
- Develop job descriptions for all positions, including management and staff
- Ensure compliance with employee/employer legal requirements
- Assist management in establishing and monitoring key performance indicators
- Address all employee questions and concerns
- Document and maintain performance reviews
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment and recommend needed changes
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview, and recommend applicants
- Developing clear policies and ensuring policy awareness
- Establish new employee orientation and safety awareness (OSHA compliant)
- Perform complex staffing duties, including overseeing disciplinary meetings, refereeing disputes, employee terminations, and administering disciplinary procedures according to company policies
- Create, institute, and manage all work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations
- Establish and implement the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of the company
- Represent the company at personnel-related hearings and investigations
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts, and resolving conflicts through positive and professional mediation
- Ad hoc duties
What it Takes
We are looking for an experienced, skilled HR professional committed to creating, implementing, and fostering the best practices in Human Resources using a people-first approach.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- 5+ years experience in Human Resources Management with HR certification
- Prior experience in setting up a human resource organization
- Must be familiar with the agricultural industry
- Valid Driver's License
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations regarding equal employment/affirmative action guidelines and operational policies related to benefits, compensation, personnel, and risk management functions
- Deep understanding of current principles and practices of personnel administration, including methods of recruitment, selection, performance evaluation, training and development, employee relations, salary, and benefits administration
- Emotional intelligence with the ability to be aware of others' reactions and understand why they react as they do, to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and to bring others together and try to reconcile differences
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- Discrete and professional
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Ag Software a plus (Datatech)
This position will be part-time to begin with and can move into a full-time position.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.