Sacramento Valley Walnut Growers, LLC. is a grower owned processor and marketer of California walnuts. We are dedicated to providing high quality walnuts to customers throughout the world. SVWG was founded by a small group of growers that wanted to take their family farming traditions to the next level - to directly market a healthy food to consumers, to enrich the fabric of our local communities and create a legacy for future generations. The sense of family extends to the experienced management team and dedicated employees that produce consistent, high-quality products each day.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager to join us our team!
As a QA Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of quality management systems for Sacramento Valley Walnut Growers including functions of Quality Assurance and Quality Control. This includes system design, daily management, and audit practices to achieve BRC or governmental standards. Expected to deliver continuous improvements to quality and food safety programs and act as an expert in quality and food safety within the plant.
If you have what we’re looking for, come join us and take the next step in your Food Safety Career!
- Along with other senior management, sets the company's food safety and quality culture.
- Contributes to developing and executing product food safety and quality programs to support the organization's operational excellence goals, customer satisfaction, financial performance, market leadership, and being a preferred employer.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the Food Safety Plan. Must be able to identify deficiencies and implement new strategies.
- Ensures all HACCP/HARPC, GMP's, sanitation preventive controls, supply chain preventive controls, and other prerequisite food safety standards are met according to USDA, FDA, FSIS, FSMA, and company requirements.
- Manages supplier verification and approval program.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the facilities process flow and engage personnel in all areas of food safety and quality within the flow.
- Manages Allergen Preventive Controls Program ensures accurate allergen labeling on finished food products and prevents allergen cross-contact.
- Manages the written recall program, conducts mock recalls, and trains all relevant personnel in recall procedures and policies.
- Ensures complete traceability of incoming raw materials, WIP, and finished product while managing lot code tracking.
- Ensures labeling programs are accurate in accordance with allergens, ingredients and nutritional information.
- Oversees all food safety audits conducted by government and third-party agencies. Manages the company's BRC program and ensures the company consistently maintains audit-ready performance.
- Works with sales and operations teams to properly match quality to customer expectations. Manages product specifications and ensures efficient and effective specifications are utilized.
- Responds to customer safety and quality concerns as needed.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- At least 3 years of directly related experience required in Quality Assurance and Food Safety manufacturing role.
- Experienced in prepared foods manufacturing a plus.
- HACCP program development and FSMA is a must.
- HACCP certification, Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI) and GFSI practitioner certification a must.
- Strong understanding of required third party audit and GFSI audit scheme programs and standards. BRC experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of food processing and distribution regulations, i.e. FDA and USDA/FSIS, and industry practice.
- Experience developing and motivating personnel.
- Track record of food safety/QA success in any of the following focus areas a plus: Seeds, Dried Fruit & Nuts distribution, proprietary/private-label product development and/or monitoring.
- B.S. degree in food technology, food science, or related curriculum and/or experience required.
- Ability to function effectively within a fast-paced, diverse and evolving culture is necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn various software and web-enabled programs.
- Must be a strong, persuasive communicator and coach, able to relate to other professionals, peers, and field operators, both technical and non-technical.
- Strong data management, reporting, and technical writing skills.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.