At SGS our goal is to provide consumers with the most flavorful eating experience they’ve ever enjoyed by delivering premium quality stone fruit and table grapes through the best partners possible.
To help us complete our mission, we are now searching for a full time Sales Assistant to join our team in Traver, CA. We are seeking someone who is self-motivated, energetic, and eager to help build upon our foundation in the industry. This person will work closely to assist and support our sales team.
The Sales Assistant must be able to manage a large amount of multi-faceted projects at the same time, as well as manage a large and diverse group of customers. You must be able to complete projects and tasks on time or early, with attention paid to detail and above satisfactory completion standards. You must be able to adapt and thrive in a team-based atmosphere, where everyone is striving towards the same goals. You must be able to market Scattaglia needs effectively to a wide array of companies.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of Famous Software is required.
- Able to use internet-based sales and purchasing programs, database programs, and shipping/inventory systems. For Example: Famous Software, EDI and iTrade.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience in the produce industry
- Excellent phone skills and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to be proactive in a fast paced sales environment
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Agricultural experience is a Plus.
- Good computer skills and the motivation to learn new skills
- Desire to grow with the company and bring focus, flexibility and passion to the position
- A strong work ethic, team player attitude, punctuality, and job dedication
This is a Full Time Position offering competitive wages and benefits.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.