Established 112+ year old company that continues to find ways to reinvent itself through difficult times. Seald Sweet-Greenyard is a produce marketing company/cold storage warehouse that imports and repacks produce from a global source.
The company has a very interesting 'storied past' and takes pride in its long tenure 'team-members', whereby a family atmosphere embraces each one.
This company is positioning its next generation of professionals to move the company forward in a very competitive global marketplace and offers an awesome benefit package with room for advancement!
Come and build your future with us!
We have a great opportunity for a Quality Control Inspector to join our team in Swedesboro, NJ.
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible to understand all aspects of the inspections process, by commodity, to achieve those standards that has been outlined by the QC manager.
This is a fluid position that at times is required to work long shifts and possibly more than 5 days per week during peak times, which is typical during the summer citrus import season. This position is designed to be self-motivated, reliable and responsible for the tasks assigned to them by the QC Manager, covering all aspects of the department and adhering to the QC Managers directives.
Knowledge of the produce business is essential as you may at times communicate with growers, shippers, receivers, retailers, pest control professionals, Food Safety professionals, FDA, USDA, and State Department of Agriculture to discuss certain situations that may arise in the course of a day.
The responsibility of this position is ‘key’ to a successful delivery of acceptable and safe produce to Seald Sweet’s customers. Adhering to the specifications and grading the produces with-in the Seald Sweet’s QC computer system are critical points for acceptable delivery. In addition, a positive outlook and a team player with a “get the job done attitude” is very important.
The successful candidate will have:
- Preference of at least 1-year work experience in field
- Positive people skills
- Must be able to pick up a minimum of 40 lbs
- Computer literate
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation
- Able/willing to travel to packing facilities and Ports in the area
- Able to handle a flexible work schedule and hours as required
- Works with a sense of urgency, decisiveness, and flexible
- Able to create and implement documents (quality reports, inventory, re-pack and reconditioning activities) in accordance with company standards, policies and procedures
- Proficient in following software programs: Microsoft Office – inclusive of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, Photoshop, etc. Other Skills/Abilities
- Be able to advise/educate in a skillful positive manner with suppliers, customers and coworkers
- Must live in the Swedesboro NJ/Philadelphia, PA area
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.