We now have an opening for a Routing Logistics Manager to join us in Watsonville, CA.
The Routing Logistics Manager is responsible to develop and maintain an efficient routing and scheduling system for Agency Deliveries, Food for Children, Passion for Produce, Food Drives, Retail Rescue, Fresh Produce, Donation pick-ups, deliveries, and other special events. The Routing Logistics Manager supervises all SHFB Drivers ensuring that the Drivers meet all safety policies, food safety requirements, as well as US DOT regulations.
We’re looking for a person with:
- At least two years of progressively responsible experience managing truck routing and scheduling that includes shipping and receiving, supervisory, administrative, and organizational experience.
- Experience and knowledge about Cold Chain and refrigerated trucking in a consumer food channel.
- Must be familiar with DOT Class A and Class B driver and vehicle requirements.
- Must have knowledge of Quality Management systems
- Knowledge of warehouse operations, shipping and receiving, inventory control, and food safety. Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and maintaining SOPs required.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision, training, evaluation and motivation.
- Superior customer service skills, strong team player and relationship developer with staff, members of other agencies and community organizations, volunteers, donors, and funders.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output.
- Excellent oral and written communication including ability to prepare clear and concise written reports and verbal presentations.
- Ability to work as a part of the management team to promote the vision and mission of Second Harvest. This includes friendly communication, teamwork, employee satisfaction, and employee retention.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and effective.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate multiple projects and processes simultaneously using staff and volunteer labor.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and facilitate meetings.
- Ability to interact positively with a diverse community of staff and volunteers.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software, databases, MS Ceres Navision, and/or other inventory/financial software programs.
- Forklift certified
- Must have access to a motor vehicle, valid auto insurance coverage, valid California Driver’s License, and a satisfactory driving record (as documented by a current MVR obtained by the Food Bank’s insurance carrier), for occasional driving on the job.
- It is the responsibility of all SHFB personnel to participate in our Food Safety/Food Defense programs.
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Second Harvest is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all of its employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.
This is a full-time, regular, non-exempt position with an hourly rate of $20 - $25; depending on experience. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance; life, long-term disability, AD&D, and long-term care insurance; 403b retirement fund; and generous paid time off.