Skagit Horticulture, located in Mount Vernon, WA is seeking experienced Head Grower.
Skagit Horticulture, LLC, a leading supplier of perennial plants, has an immediate opening for Head Grower at our Mount Vernon, WA facility. The ideal candidate for this position will have strong communication skills, both written and oral, will confidently manage a team, possess excellent organizational skills, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. A willingness to learn and a respectful attitude will be the key to success in our organization.
Our Head Grower will possess strong leadership and technical skills to train, develop and retain employees. Collaborating with Sales, Supply Chain and Logistics, as well as teammates in the Operations department, our Head Grower will help ensure success through innovation, and execution.
Accountable for all aspects of growing, care, and maintenance of assigned areas including:
- Irrigation Management
- Fertility and Media Management
- Control of Environmental Conditions for Crops
- Lead the IPM program
- Supervise Movement & Care of Crops
- Space Management
- Strong emphasis on Safety of crews
- Financial accountability, including budgeting
- Degree in Horticulture or equivalent experience is required
- 5 years’ experience as a Lead or Head Grower is required
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred
- Ability to obtain WA pesticide applicators license is required
- Experience authoring crop protocols is preferred
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent medical, dental and vision, LTD 401k, and a generous PTO package
- Live and play in beautiful Skagit Valley, WA
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.