Southern Specialties was founded in 1990, our mission, then, was to provide the finest restaurants and hotels in the nation with the best service and highest quality specialty produce.
Today, we are proud to continue that mission while including the leading retailers and club stores in North America. Our Southern Selects line of value-added specialty produce, and our extensive private label programs provide consumers with delicious, nutritious, safe, and convenient produce for the entire family.
The foundation of Southern Specialties resides in the quality of the people and businesses that make up our culture and enterprise.
We are always looking for great people like you. At Southern Specialties, your knowledge and experiences will contribute to the growth of a successful organization. We provide an exciting working environment and competitive compensation and benefit packages commensurate with your experience.
We have an immediate opening for a Quality Control Inspector to support our Quality Control department in Pompano Beach, Florida.
As the Quality Control Inspector, you will be responsible for making sure that products meet a set of standards and performs assessment, documentation, and organization tasks to support the efficiency and effectiveness of their organization’s supply chain.
- Knowledge of general fresh produce quality, a plus
- Current forklift experience
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds to shoulder height and above
- Excellent ability to work as a team and self-driven
- Good attention to details and product quality
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment in making recommendations and decisions within scope of responsibility. • Must be able to work in a refrigerated environment from 34º F to 55º F depending on the cooler.