The Stemilt Group of companies is a family-owned organization dedicated to cultivating people and delighting consumers. We do this by nurturing greatness in our people and products as we serve the agricultural community and food markets of the world. Stemilt is headquartered in the vibrant community of Wenatchee, Washington. Our story began over 100 years and six generations ago, tracing our company roots back to 1893. Stemilt has become an industry leader, and we aspire to continue elevating our market position through organic growth and acquisitions.
We are now looking for a Bilingual Human Resources Support person to join our team in Mattawa, WA.
The Human Resources Support person will be responsible for recruitment, hiring, orientation, maintaining employee files, and I-9’s for local and migrant workers at these locations.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish to communicate with employees, provide orientations and help translate documents.
- Ability to read and interpret/translate documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before large groups of employees of organization.
- Ability to multitask with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to have high tolerance of stress.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
We offer a Competitive compensation package and great benefit program. EOE AA.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.